Radish cake 腊味萝卜糕. Traditional radish cake from Meia grandmother recipe. I looked around and decided that a Chinese radish cake was the way to go. It is cheap to make, and can be made ahead of time, kept frozen and thawed to be pan-fried whenever needed, and everyone loves radish cake.
I like to make this delicious savory cake for Chinese New Year. It's easy to make and can be steamed ahead of time (about a week), wrapped with cling wrap and stored it in the refrigerator. Radish cake is not a difficult cake to prepare. You can have Radish cake 腊味萝卜糕 using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Radish cake 腊味萝卜糕
- It’s 425 g of rice flour.
- It’s 50 g of corn starch.
- You need 55 g of wheat starch 澄.
- It’s 1400 g of water.
- You need 15 g of salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 900 g of radish.
- Prepare 50 g of sausage.
- You need 40 g of dried shrimp.
- It’s 100 g of oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1-2 of shallots.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Anybody loves these "cai tao kueh" like I do ? Although I know that some supermarkets do sell ready made radish cake for frying, which I ever try buying before, but even the smallest serving seems too much for me and the cake wasn't that bustling with. It Is Better To Be Late Than Never-Radish/Turnip/Carrot/Daikon Cake （腊味萝卜糕）. Steamed radish cake is a very traditional dim sum dish that's often served in dim sum restaurants.
Radish cake 腊味萝卜糕 step by step
- Mixed all the flours, pepper, 3/4 of the salt portion into mixer. Pour in boilong hot water. Mix for 5-10 min.and let it stand.
- The texture looks like this.. keep it aside..
- Stir fry garlic, shallots, sausage n dries shrimp. keep aside.
- Use mixer to mix well the stir fried ingredients and flour.
- Grease the steam tray, put the ingredients into the tray and steam for an hr.
It's affordable to make, and can be whipped While many recipes out there introduce the radish cake by pan frying it, we'll explore steaming this radish & rice flour combo by adding in chinese wine sausage. This pescatarian daikon radish cake (aka turnip cake) is a healthy take on the classic radish cake. The holiday celebration marathon has kept me away from updating my blog but also gave me inspirations on. 这回我用电压力锅（instant pot）来做萝卜糕，觉得不用顾炉之余，也可以少洗几样东西，非常方便。 没有电压力锅的朋友也可以用蒸锅把它蒸熟。 **蒸锅的时间不一。 厚的玻璃容器像是Pyrex或Anchor会需要多一点的时间蒸熟。 判断的方式是用筷子，插进去萝卜糕，拿. fried Vietnamese turnip cake radish cake with eggs. Saksi: Radish cake, dimsum na gawa sa labanos. The key difference was with the radish, which instead of being grated and boiled, is stir fried til soft and fragrant and then merely steamed with with all the other ingredients.