Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup. Japanese steamed egg custard served in a cup, ingredients include chicken, ginkgo nut, fish cake, shimeji and shiitake mushrooms. Delicate and savory, Chawanmushi is a classic Japanese steamed egg custard served in a cup. Learn how to make this appetizer for a true Japanese home cooking.
How to create silky smooth Chinese savory steamed egg custard with only eggs, stock, and salt. Some toppings idea to go with the steamed egg custard. This dish is one that I grow up eating all the time. You can have Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup
- It’s 4-5 of radish daikon.
- It’s 4-5 of shrimps.
- It’s 1 of shiitake mushroom.
- You need of cilantro.
- It’s 2 of egg.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of ginger.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of tsuyu sauce (or soy sauce & mirin & dashi).
- Prepare of dashi.
- You need of cooking wine.
Since my grandmother days, she served it plainly with some drizzle of soy sauce, sesame oil. Make this super easy Chinese Steamed Eggs (Savory Egg Custard 蒸水蛋). Silky smooth eggs literally melt in your mouth. Serve over rice to make a Chinese Steamed Eggs is one of those dishes that you can find in almost every home in Hong Kong.
Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup step by step
- Cut off the head and tail of radish, peel off some skins, then hollow it out..
- Mix the egg well with tsuyu, a pinch of salt, dashi and water. Go through the mesh strainer once..
- Follow the "pretreatment of shrimp".
- Cut the shiitake mushroom into slices..
- Put one piece of shiitake mushroom into each radish cup and pour the egg liquid inside. With super low heat, steam for 10-15min..
- Add shrimp on top then steam for another 5-10 min. Add a leaf of cilantro on top..
Though this homey dish is super simple and. Next time you're craving Japanese food, from sushi to noodles to curry and beyond, stay home and make it yourself! Recipe developer and cookbook author Amy Kaneko's new book, Let's Cook Japanese Food. Sweet custard is commonly made with just egg, cream or milk and sugar. But chawanmushi consists of savoury egg mixture with numerous small pieces of As such, the egg mixture is poured into a tea cup with ingredients in it, then steamed.