Mullangi poriyal (Radish curry). It has a good source of vitamin C, phosphorus and zinc. Radish is called 'Mullangi' in Tamil. A juicy root vegetable , radish is filled with nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Radish curry is a quick and easy Indian vegetarian dish made with radish. It tastes great with chapatis and rice. The way the radish is chopped makes all. You can cook Mullangi poriyal (Radish curry) using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mullangi poriyal (Radish curry)
- It’s 1 of Radish/Mullangi chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion chopped.
- It’s of Mustard seeds to temper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of kulambu milagai thool (or 1 tsp chilly powder and coriander powder).
- It’s of Salt as required.
Mullangi poriyal recipe, radish prepared in poriyal form as an accompaniment for south Indian lunch. Mullangi is always made into sambar at home. We get large size radish here in Singapore, I Splutter mustard, add urad dal. Once dal is golden, add green chilli, curry leaves.
Mullangi poriyal (Radish curry) instructions
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add onion and sauté until it becomes soft. Add tomato and sauté until it becomes soft. Add radish, kulambu milagai thool and salt. Sprinkle some water (1/4 cup approx). Close the lid and cook it for 1 whistle..
- Once pressure releases, open and sauté the curry in medium flame until it gets thicken..
Delicious simple radish poriyal which is easy to make and makes a perfect side dish for rice and any curries. This is one of the easiest dish you could ever make. Recently I tasted this mullangi poriyal in Roti ghar hotel's Bharjari oota. It is called as Moolangi palya in Kannada. When I had this stir fry, I couldn't Temper mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, red chilli and hing.