Radish kimchi. Daikon radish, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, green onion, hot pepper flakes, korean radish, salt, sugar. Radish kimchi is a kimchi made out of radish and its Korean name is Kkakdugi (깍두기). The name originates from kkakduk sseolgi (깍둑설기) in Korean.
Kkakdugi is a kimchi made with Korean radish, mu (or moo). It's an easy kimchi to make! Simply cut the radishes into cubes, salt for a short time, and then mix with the seasonings. You can have Radish kimchi using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Radish kimchi
- Prepare 1 of whole Radish (julienne slice).
- It’s 200 gm of salt.
- Prepare 100 gm of fresh ginger (julienne slice).
- Prepare of Marinated kimchi base.
- It’s 250 gm of Gochujang (korean chili paste).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoon of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of roasted white sesame.
Kkakdugi (깍두기) or diced radish kimchi is a variety of kimchi in Korean cuisine. Usually, it has all the ingredients of kimchi, but the baechu (hangul: 배추; Napa cabbage) used for kimchi is replaced with Korean radish (called mu, 무 in Korean). Kkakdugi is a type of kimchi made with Korean radish ("mu" in Korean). Kkakdugi pairs well with soups like seolengtang (ox tail soup) and noodle.
Radish kimchi instructions
- Mixed the salt with Radish and ginger. Marinated around 2 hours. After 2 hours, wash out the salt and press out the water from the Radish and ginger. Put a side, use it later..
- Mixed the the marinated base ingredients in a big bowl then add in the Radish and ginger slices into the bowl. Stir well until all the base combine..
- Store in a food container, keep in the fridge fir at least 48hours. Taste will be awesome..
Kkakdugi or cubed radish kimchi is wonderfully crunchy and zingy that goes really well with any Korean food but especially with rich bone soups like Seolleongtang. This radish kimchi, made with gorgeous purple daikon radishes and vivid red Korean chile powder, sits in quart-sized jars on my countertop, bubbling and fermenting. It's a vibrant food, wild and raw and. Kimchi comes in all shapes and sizes, but this Kkakdugi (깍두기) made with large Korean radish is a perennial favorite. With crunchy cubes of radish in a sweet and spicy pickling sauce Kkakdugi goes.