Japanese Yellowtail Simmered with Daikon Radish.
You can have Japanese Yellowtail Simmered with Daikon Radish using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Yellowtail Simmered with Daikon Radish
- You need 80 g of x 4 Japanese yellowtail fillet (alternatively, use deep sea bass).
- You need 80 of gx 4 Daikon radish cut into thick pieces.
- Prepare 2-3 pieces of Ginger,thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of Water—–A.
- It’s 1 cup of Dark soy sauce—– a.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Cooking sake, mirin—–A.
- Prepare 100-200 g of Sugar—–A.
- Prepare of Salt (for preparation purposes), a small amount.
- Prepare of Spinach＆thinly shredder ginger(for garnish).
Japanese Yellowtail Simmered with Daikon Radish step by step
- 1. Boil daikon radish pieces for 20~30 minutes till they're soft enough to be pierced through with a bamboo skewer. (Alternatively, microwave for 10~15 minutes.).
- 2. To remove fishy odours, sprinkle Japanese yellowtail fillets with salt, stand for 5 minutes, and place briefly in boiling water till semi-cooked..
- 3. Combine all ingredients in A and bring to a boil. (Alternatively, use store-bought mentsuyu base thinned down slightly with water.).
- 4. Place the par-cooked daikon radish and fish fillets in the cooking liquid and simmer for 10 minutes. Keep an eye out so they don't burn..
- 5. For a finishing touch, pour a little extra mirin at the end to give the food a glossy glow..
- 6. Garnish with blanched spinach and finely shredded ginger to serve..