Peerkangai Kootu Ridge Gourd Curry.
You can have Peerkangai Kootu Ridge Gourd Curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peerkangai Kootu Ridge Gourd Curry
- You need 2 of Ridge Gourd.
- You need 1/2 cup of Bengal Gram Dal (you can also use MOONG DAL).
- Prepare 1 of Medium Size Tomato chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Castor oil.
- It’s of Salt-as per your taste.
- It’s of Water-as required.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 8 of Shallots roughly chopped.
- It’s of Curry leaves few.
- Prepare of Coriander leaves few.
- Prepare of For Grinding.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Coconut.
- It’s 2 of Garlic pods.
- Prepare 4 of Green chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
Peerkangai Kootu Ridge Gourd Curry instructions
- Wash and peel off the ridge gourd skin and cut into small cubes..
- In a pressure cooker add bengal gram dal, turmeric powder, castor oil and required water. Cover and cook for 4 whistles..
- When the pressure goes off open the lid and transfer it to a currypan..
- Place that currypan in the stove. Switch on the flame. Keep the flame in medium. Add the ridge gourd and tomato let it boil..
- Add the ingredients given for Grinding in a mixie. Grind to a smooth paste..
- Add the ground paste to the curry and salt. Mix well and add required water let it cook for 15 mins till ridge gourd gets cooked..
- In a tadka pan, add coconut oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onions and curry leaves. Fry till onions becomes translucent..
- Then add this to the curry. Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Now it's ready to serve with hot rice..