Dal turai (Ridge gourd with chana Dal). Turai Chana Dal recipes – By Vahchef @ vahrehvah.com. Turai – Ridge Gourd Chutney – By Vahchef @ Vahrehvah.com. How to Make Turai Chana Dal or Ridged Gourd Bengal gram curry at Home from Maimoona Yasmeen's Recipes.
Turai dal, turai tuvar (arhar/toor) dal or ridge gourd dal/Peerkankai is easy and healthy dal recipe made with turai (ridge gourd) and toor dal and tempered with onion, tomato masala. We also make turai with chana dal and with arhar(toor) dal there are other version too which I shall try to post some. Turai Chana Dal Recipe is cooked with Turai and Chana dal. You can cook Dal turai (Ridge gourd with chana Dal) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dal turai (Ridge gourd with chana Dal)
- You need 1kg of turai…peel and chopped.
- It’s 150 gm of chana Dal.
- It’s 2 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of Grated ginger.
- It’s 5 of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Chopped green chillies.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2tsp of Dry mango powder, turmeric powder, coriander Powder….
- You need 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
A healthy combination of Indian Dal and Vegetable is cooked in a simple style. Ridge gourd is known as peerkankai in Tamil, beerkaya in Telugu and tori or turai in Hindi. Dal is my comfort food all year round and this dal is no exception. Whenever I buy Ridge gourd, mostly I end up preparing this. ridge gourd is also called as tori or turai in hindi and dodka in marathi or beerakaya in telugu and Heerekayi in Kannada.
Dal turai (Ridge gourd with chana Dal) instructions
- Soak the chana Dal… chopped all veggies.
- Take a pressure cooker pour one table spoon oil add chopped onion saute until colour changes into pink now add turai, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger and all spieces cover the cooker whistle for 3_4 times.
- Put the gas off leave for 10 mins…after 10 mins open the cooker mix well and.sprink with black pepper & garam masala serve with chapati..
We make this turai sabzi with either chana dal or moong dal. in this recipe post, I am sharing the pics with moong dal. Turai Chana Dal is cooked with Turai (Turi / Bitter gourd) and Chana dal (Split Bengal gram). Here the combination of Indian Dal and Vegetable is cooked in tasty Indian Masala. Turai is a Ridge gourd, a very famous Indian Vegetable with lots of Iron and Vitamins. You can make soup and starters from.