Ridge Gourd Fritters/Turai Pakoras.
You can cook Ridge Gourd Fritters/Turai Pakoras using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ridge Gourd Fritters/Turai Pakoras
- You need 5-6 of Ridge Gourd sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin powder roasted.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander powder roasted.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coriander Leaves finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of Green chillies finely chopped.
- You need 2 cups of Gram Flour or Besan.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dry Mango powder or Amchur.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chaat Masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fenugreek Leaves dried ones.
- Prepare as required of Water.
- It’s as required of Oil for frying.
Ridge Gourd Fritters/Turai Pakoras step by step
- Make a smooth semi thick batter with all the ingredients mentioned. Use water accordingly. Wash and peel the Ridge Gourds and slice them as thinly as possible. Or can slice a little bit slantingly giving it a rhombus shape as I did. It's up to you to decide. I have used Fan dried Fenugreek Leaves in the batter to give them a unique flavour and aroma. The recipe for the dried Fenugreek Leaves is on my account here. Do check it out, friends..
- Deep fry them on a medium-high heat in hot oil until done. Cook well on both sides turning at regular intervals for even cooking. It is a must to switch sides to cook well on both sides..
- Serve them piping hot with any Chutney of your choice with a sprinkle of some Chat Masala on top. It really gives it a nice aroma and flavour. Enjoy!.