Ridge Gourd Peel Fry. About this Video :- Today in this video we are showing a very unique and tasty recipe of Crispy Ridge gourd skin fry. #lifethroughsenses #beerakaya #ridgegourd A great way to use the peel of a ridgegourd. Beera Pottu fry is best served with White Rice. It is an easy and tasty recipe made using Ridge Gourd/Turai/Beerakaya peel.
Even we can use its skin/ peel and make an. Ridge gourd peel dosa is a variety dosa. Do not throw ridge gourd peels directly into dust bin and use this to make the dosa. You can cook Ridge Gourd Peel Fry using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ridge Gourd Peel Fry
- You need 5-6 of Ridge Gourd peels.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Dry Mango powder homemade.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coriander leaves chopped.
Take the blender and add ridge gourd peel, coriander leaves, curry leaves, green chilies, ginger, cumin seeds, salt, rice, urad dal and blend it into a dosa batter consistency. Peel the ridge gourd and chop the ridge gourd peel to small pieces. Use the ridge gourd to make Beerakaya Kura. Add the udad dal and stir-fry till it is golden brown.
Ridge Gourd Peel Fry instructions
- Wash and peel the Ridge Gourds. Keep these peels in the refrigerator for use in an airtight container. Clean them thoroughly rubbing with your hands for any dirt and sand. These can be kept for two days. In this way, you can cook Ridge Gourd one day and fry the peels within two days..
- Heat Oil in a pan. Saute Ginger garlic paste for a minute or two. Then add in the other powdered spices and the peels. Cover and cook on a low heat until done. Adjust Salt according to taste. Garnish with some chopped Coriander leaves and sprinkle some Amchur powder. Serve this with Rice, Daal and Ghee. You will definitely love to have it often. Squeeze a little of Lemon juice if you do not have Dry Mango or Amchur powder..
- An easy recipe from the closet of my Kitchen. Actually this is my late mom in law's recipe with some minor changes by me. Peels are the storehouses of many vital Vitamins and Minerals. Never discard them. Use them wisely in your food. This tastes super good and looks great too. My family's favourite and I make this very often. Try this awesome recipe for your loved ones and friends alike. Happy Cooking People!.
Add in chana dal, urad dal, chillies and garlic. Drain them and take it in a blender. You can make a delicious chutney with ridge gourd peels. This chutney/sauce is very easy to make. Pair this side dish with rice, idli, dosa, etc.