Ridge gourd chutney. Ridge Gourd is a such a tasty and economical vegetable we can prepare two dishes using one vegetable. The skin is used for chutney and the vegetable is used. Ridge Gourd Peel Chutney tastes heavenly when mixed with rice along with a dash of til oil.
It can be served with steamed plain rice or chapathi. Ridge Gourd or Beerakaya is a vegetable I haven't seen much in Kottayam. I finally ended up trying this Ridge Gourd chutney with lots of coriander leaves and it came together really quickly and easily. You can have Ridge gourd chutney using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ridge gourd chutney
- You need 1 cup of Ridge gourd peel.
- Prepare 1 of Ridge gourd.
- It’s 1 of Amla.
- Prepare 3 of green chillies.
- You need 1 of whole red chilli.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of moong dal.
- You need Pinch of Hing/asafoetida.
- It’s Handful of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Ridge gourd, a fiber rich vegetable helps to overcome constipation and also improves immune system. Ridge gourd palya, Sihi and chutney are popular in Udupi out of all other. Ridge gourd is know as turai in Hindi, Heerekai in Kannada, beerakai in Telugu, peechinga in Malayalam and peerkangai in Tamil. This is a healthy and tasty chutney made using ridge gourd pulp.
Ridge gourd chutney instructions
- Wash and cut Ridge gourd with it's skin. Cut Amla into pieces.
- Take one kadai, add oil, jeera, two kinds of Chillies, Hing and Kadi Patta.
- Then add Peele and regard itself to the Kadhai. Add Amla salt and sugar. Grind it to a rough paste.
Ridge gourd is easily available in Indian stores or south east Asian stores across US. Whenever I make this ridge gourd chutney, I feel happy and proud that I have not wasted any food. Ridge Gourd Peel Chutney tastes heavenly when mixed with rice along with a dash of til oil. It can also be had along with dosas,idlis,puris, and just about any dish. Ridge gourd chutney is one of the easiest spiced healthy dip made with few ingredients.