Turai ki sabzi.(Ridge gourd). ridge gourd recipe with step by step photos – easy homely recipe of ridge gourd bhaji with moong dal. ridge gourd is also called as turai in hindi and Sharing a simple yet Tasty recipe of ridge gourd sabzi. a recipe that we have had for many years and which comes from my mom. We are adding very less water in this curry, as ridge gourd releases a lot of Enjoy this easy and delicious Ridge Gourd Curry, also known as Turai ki subzi, made in the pressure cooker or instant pot. This is a simple, yet flavorful curry with.
Turai Ki Sabzi is a ridge gourd curry. It is a wonderful curry made with ridge gourd which is called as 'turai' in hindi and this is a simple veg curry. It tastes really well and goes well with rice and rotis/chapathis as well. You can have Turai ki sabzi.(Ridge gourd) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turai ki sabzi.(Ridge gourd)
- You need of Ikg turai.
- It’s 1/2 cup of moong daal.(yellow lentil).
- It’s 3 of onion medium,slice.
- You need 2 of _3 green chillies. (or up to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder. (haldi).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder (zeera).
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder. (dhania).
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 3 of _4 Tbsp tamarind pulp. (imli).
- Prepare 4 of whole black pepper (sabut kali mirch.).
- Prepare 1 of " cinnamon stick. (dal chini).
Turai or Tori is a simple yet very nutritious vegetable. It is generally avoided because it looks cumbersome to cook with. To begin making the Dahi Turai Ki Sabzi, first prep all the ingredients and keep them ready. Whisk the dahi (yogurt), salt and the besan in a small mixing bowl until you get.
Turai ki sabzi.(Ridge gourd) instructions
- Wash and soak lentil for 1/2 an hour..
- Peel wash and cut turai..
- Take a pan. Put cinamin stick and black pepper. Add onion..
- When change it's colour pink add turai..
- And add all dry spices. Green chillies..
- Cover the pan and cook at medium to high flame. Stir occasionally. When water is about to dry mash turai with wooden spoon, than add moong dal.add 1/2 cup of water. Cover it on slow flam..
- After 3_4 min: stir it. Again cover. When lentil tenders but not mashed. Add tamarind pulp. Mix and sprinkle black pepper powder. Put on dum til oil separated from veg:..
This is ridge gourd gravy for chapati or rice but north Indian recipe. The recipe was shared by my friend Sangeeta, it is so very simple recipe wise. You can do this ahead and the sabji will be ready easily. In Singapore wet markets, I have seen them selling peeled ridge gourd, you can try that too, if you live. Turai Ki Sabji-Ridge Gourd Gravy for Chapathi-Peerkangai Gravy for Rice.