Ridge gourd palya. #ITSOURTASTE #heerekaipalyarecipe #ridgegourdrecipe Heerekai palya/sabji or stir fry recipe is a side dish for lunch. Kids love this palya very much. Ridge gourd also known as turai or heerekai ,is green in color and pulp is white.
It is called as beerakaya in telugu and heerekai in kannada. Some people call this heerekayi palya as stuffed ridge gourd palya / heerekayi ennagai palya in Kannada. But there is a small variation in this gravy. You can have Ridge gourd palya using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ridge gourd palya
- It’s 1 kg of Ridge gourd.
- It’s 2 spoons of coconut Oil.
- It’s 1 spoon of mustard.
- You need 2 of bydagi chilli.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of urad dal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of chana dal.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 spoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 piece of Jaggery.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- You need 1 of spring curry leaves.
Friends, I bet no one could find that this gravy is. Ridge Gourd bajji is made from ridge gourd, gram flour seasoned with spices and deep-fried in oil. Cooking with images Dodka Doadakee bhaji, Ridge Gourd Turai , Heerakai palya. Ridge gourd, a fiber rich vegetable helps to overcome constipation and also improves immune system.
Ridge gourd palya instructions
- Heat the kadai, add oil, mustard, bydagi chilli, urd dal, chana dal, curry leaves and fry them.tempering ready..
- Now add, chopped Ridge gourd and mix it. Sprinkle the 2 tbsp water and mix, close the lid and cook them..
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, Jaggery and salt,and mix it..
- Finally add fresh coconut and mix it. Palya is ready..
- Serve with chapathi or hot rice with ghee..
Ridge gourd palya, Sihi and chutney are popular in Udupi out of all other dishes. Ridge Gourd known as Heerekayi in Kannada is a popular vegetable in South Indian cuisine. I love the Sweet Pumpkin side dish known (Kannada) as Kumblakayi Palya served in Raghavendra Swami. ridge gourd is also called as tori or turai in hindi and dodka in marathi or beerakaya in telugu and Sharing a simple yet Tasty recipe of ridge gourd sabzi. a recipe that we have had for many years and. It is a dark green, ridged and tapering pretty vegetable. It has white pulp with white seeds embedded in spongy flesh.