Ridge gourd fry. Side dish for B'fast & Lunch!! Ridge gourd stir fry ( peerkangai poriyal in Tamil) recipe is my recent try with this vegetable. Ridge gourd is called as beerakaya in Telugu, peerkangai in Tamil, torai in hindi.
Recipes using Ridge Gourd: Beerakaya Fry Heerekayi Bonda Rasavangi Hesarubele Tovve Avial Heerekayi Chuteny Huli Tovve Gilki Ki Subzi. ridge gourd is also called as tori or turai in hindi and dodka in marathi or beerakaya in telugu and Sharing a simple yet Tasty recipe of ridge gourd sabzi. a recipe that we have had for many years and. Ridge Gourd Upkari, prepared almost daily in Konkani households, is a flavourful way of stir-frying veggies, with a traditional tempering and addition of grated coconut. Remove the hard ridges in the ridge gourd. You can have Ridge gourd fry using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ridge gourd fry
- It’s 250 grams of Ridge gourd.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sesame.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of whole coriander.
- Prepare 2 of Red Chillies.
- Prepare 1 of Green chillies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of jeera one teaspoon of chana dal.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Haldi powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of oil.
No need to peel all the green skin, you can In the same kadai, add the chopped ridge gourd, oil and fry for few minutes. It will leave out water and get cooked. Ridge gourd is the fruit of a sub-tropical vine that belongs to the cucumber family and is native to The vegetable is often used in stir fries and soups in Vietnam and it is also an important feature in. Ridge Gourd is known as peerkangai in Tamil, beerakaya in Telugu and heerekai in Kannada.
Ridge gourd fry step by step
- Peel and cut Ridge gourd into slices.
- Dry roast Sesame, coriander red chilli grind it to a powder.
- Take all in a kadai add jeera chana dal and green chillies.
- Add Ridge gourd pieces haldi and salt. Cover it for 2 minutes. Once it's done add grind sesame powder mix well.
Many of you would have made peerkangai poriyal (stir fry), peergankai chutney, ridge gourd dal. I like in both the ways. This vegetable is also rich in fiber and low in saturated fat. Luffa or ridge gourd is an elongated, cylindrical fruit pod in the cucurbitaceae/gourd family of vegetables. Its young, tender and mild flavored pods indeed are one of the very popular vegetables.