Ridge gourd poppy seeds sabji. Ridge Gourd with Poppy Seeds has a nutty taste and pleasant texture that is very enjoyable. Serve hot with a roti of your choice. Poppy seeds, generally associated with sweets and rich gravies, are a wonderful source of iron!
Be the first to review this recipe. Cut the Peerkangai(Ridge Gourd) ,onion and tomatoes. Put this vegetables and moon dal into the bowl. You can cook Ridge gourd poppy seeds sabji using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ridge gourd poppy seeds sabji
- It’s 250 gm of ridge gourd.
- Prepare 100 gm of poppy seeds soaked.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of chilli ginger paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
Now,Add chilli powder and turmeric powder. Dont add salt to this mixture right now. A wide variety of ridge gourd seed options are available to you I started to explore varieties of ridge gourd recipes (Ridge gourd in English, Turai/Luffa/Torai in Hindi, Peerkangai in Tamil, Beerakaya in Telugu, Hirekai in Kannada, Peechinga in Malayalam, Ghiya Tori in Urdu ) in my kitchen. Ridge Gourd seeds for sale at GreenMyLife.
Ridge gourd poppy seeds sabji instructions
- Peel ridge gourd and cut into 1½ inches pieces thin cut into thin slices. Ground poppy seeds into fine paste..
- Heat oil in pan add mustard seeds when splutter add onion saute till change colour now add chilli ginger paste turmeric powder and salt mix well..
- Add ridge gourd saute on high for 2 minutes add cover lid and cook for 6-7 minutes to low medium flame till it's soften..
- Now add poppy seeds paste and pepper powder and give one boil on low flame..
Ridge Gourd is a vigorously growing climbing vine with thick green leaves & fleshy long fruits with ridges. Ridge Gourd – Long Variety Seeds for Sale! This ridge gourd potato curry recipe is courtesy a Bengali friend, who tells me the cuisine of that area uses poppy seeds abundantly. Another first for me was the interesting combination of potatoes and ridge gourd. Potatoes combine well with several other veggies – cauliflower, capsicum, peas are the.