Turai ki sabji (Ridge gourd). We are adding very less water in this curry, as ridge gourd releases a lot of Enjoy this easy and delicious Ridge Gourd Curry, also known as Turai ki subzi, made in the pressure cooker or instant pot. This is a simple, yet flavorful curry with. Turai/ Ridge Gourd is mostly consumed during March-May in India.
The recipe was shared by my friend Sangeeta, it is so very simple recipe wise. Only work in this is to peel off the skin and chop. You can do this ahead and the sabji will be ready easily. You can have Turai ki sabji (Ridge gourd) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turai ki sabji (Ridge gourd)
- It’s 250 gms of turai chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of haldi powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Hing.
- You need some of curry leaves.
- It’s Some of coriander leaves for garnishing.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of jeera.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
In Singapore wet markets, I have seen them selling. Ridge gourd recipe with step by step photos – easy homely recipe of ridge gourd bhaji with moong dal. A vegan dish. ridge gourd is also called as tori or turai in hindi and dodka in marathi or beerakaya in telugu and Heerekayi in Kannada. Sharing a simple yet Tasty recipe of ridge.
Turai ki sabji (Ridge gourd) instructions
- Take the turai wash and peel it and chop..
- In a pan put oil add jeera and mustard seeds and curry leaves,hing and fry for one minute and tomatoes and turai and add all dry masala and mix well and cover and cook for 5 minutes..
- Turai ki sabzi is ready to serve with hot chapati..
Turai Ki Sabzi is a ridge gourd curry. Only turai which does not give a bitter taste should be used in making the Turai Ki Sabzi, Turai recipe. In this recipe I have used only onions and I must tell you that this rare vegetable which is not preferred always is a must try recipe. Turai or Tori is a simple yet very nutritious vegetable. It is generally avoided because it looks cumbersome to cook with.