Paneer stuffed ridge gourd/ Niramish Jhinger Dolma.
You can have Paneer stuffed ridge gourd/ Niramish Jhinger Dolma using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paneer stuffed ridge gourd/ Niramish Jhinger Dolma
- Prepare 3 of ridge gourds.
- You need 250 gms of paneer store bought or homemade.
- It’s 8-10 of almonds soaked in water and peeled and made to paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 of heaped teaspoon turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 of heaped teaspoon cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato pureed.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of fresh cream.
- You need 3-4 of green chilies or 1 teaspoonful of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- You need 1/2 of + 2 tablespoon oil for cooking.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of kalojeera/kalounji/nigella seeds.
Paneer stuffed ridge gourd/ Niramish Jhinger Dolma instructions
- Take the ridge gourds and scrape and peel them to remove the ridges. Cut them to 5 cm slices..
- Now, with a spoon scrape them to remove the inner flesh. Do not scrape them completely. Leave a little bit of flesh at the bottom such that they form bowls..
- Blend all the scraped flesh in a blender..
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Stir fry the scraped ridge gourd and take them out in a vessel..
- Now add the scraped flesh, paneer, salt, turmeric powder, chopped chilies and cook for few minutes. Now, turn off the flame. Your stuffing is ready. Let it cool..
- Fill all the stuffing in the scraped ridge gourd..
- To the same pan, add oil. Once the oil is hot add the Kalo jeera..
- As the Kalo jeera starts spluttering add the tomato puree, grated ginger, almond paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, green chilies/chilli powder, and salt along with ¼ cup of water..
- Cook till you see oil leaving the sides of the pan..
- Now add water to the masala and gradually add the stuffed ridge gourd..
- Cook till the stuffed ridge gourd is completely cooked..
- Add water if necessary..
- Cook till you achieve the desired consistency..
- Now, add the fresh cream and then add kasuri methi and mix..
- Serve hot with steamed rice..