Ridge gourd bharta. Turai Bharta is very delicious and very simple to prepare. It's so simple and easy to make and so tasty also must try. Ridge gourd scientifically known as Luffa acutangula and also known as turiya or turai or beerakai or dodka in different languages in India is another variety of gourd and a versatile vegetable that adds a.
Wash ridge gourd and peel the skin alternatively. Cut it lengthwise and then chop into half moon sized quarter inch pieces. They make this famous Chicken Bharta. You can cook Ridge gourd bharta using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ridge gourd bharta
- It’s 4 of medium ridge gourd.
- It’s 2 of dry red chillies.
- It’s 3-4 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped coconut.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of & 1 tsp mustard oil.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kalonji(black cumin seeds).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chopped garlic.
- You need Pinch of sugar.
Ridge gourd or sponge gourd is popularly known as 'Jhinga' in Bangladesh. Biologically ridge gourd is referred to as Luffa acutangula. It is a dark green, ridged and tapering pretty vegetable. It has white pulp with white seeds embedded in spongy flesh.
Ridge gourd bharta instructions
- First wash ridge gourds and peel off. Then cut into small pieces. Grind coarsely with coconut and green chillies..
- Then add oil into pan. Add dry red chillies, kalonji. Add garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Add ridge gourd paste. Cook in medium flame stirring occasionally. Add salt, turmeric, sugar. Cook until oil reduce. Then add oil and mix and put off the flame. Serve with hot rice or roti..
Ridge gourd is the fruit of a sub-tropical vine that belongs to the cucumber family and is native to central and eastern Asia, including the Indian subcontinent. The plant is quite hardy and easy to. Peerkangai Sambar , ridge gourd sambar, turai sambar, beerakaya sambhar, peerkangai sambar is easy sambar made with ridge gourd or peerkangai which makes good side dish with rice. how to. Ridge gourd is one type of vegetables that belong to Cucumber family (Cucurbitaceae). It has a Latin name, Luffa accutangula.