Shahi Turai jhinge or ridge gourd ki sabzi.
You can have Shahi Turai jhinge or ridge gourd ki sabzi using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shahi Turai jhinge or ridge gourd ki sabzi
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Turai/Ridge Gourd.
- It’s 2 of Tomato medium sized chopped.
- You need 1 of Green Chilli chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of Ginger grated.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 pinch of Asafoetida/Hing.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 4 of Green cardamom.
- Prepare 5 of Black peppercorns.
- It’s 2 of Laung/cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- You need Teaspoon of Cumin Powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Kasuri Methi.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Garam masala.
- Prepare 2 of Cashew.
- You need 2 of Almonds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Malai or homemade cream.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of Milk.
- Prepare as needed of Oil.
Shahi Turai jhinge or ridge gourd ki sabzi step by step
- Wash and peel the ridge gourd then cut into pieces (little long pieces)..
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add ridge gourd pieces and saute it on a medium flame. Cook it until soft and cooked..
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in another pan..
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, black pepper corns. Saute for few seconds..
- Then add chopped green chilli and grated ginger. Saute for few seconds..
- Then add chopped tomato and saute for few seconds. Then add chopped cashews, almonds and little salt. Mix well..
- Cover and cook until the tomatoes are soft. Let the mixture cool completely. Then grind it to make smooth paste..
- Now, heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Then add cumin seeds. Let the seeds crackle..
- Add ground tomato paste and little milk. Mix well and cook on a medium flame..
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, little salt. Crush the kasuri methi between the palms and add to the pan. Mix well..
- Add garam masala add mix well. Then add sauteed ridge gourd. Add malai/homemade cream and mix well. Cook for couple of minutes or until oil leaves. The switch off the flame..
- Delicious 'Shahi Turai Ki Sabji' is ready to be served..