Peerkangai Poriyal/Ridge Gourd Fry.
You can have Peerkangai Poriyal/Ridge Gourd Fry using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peerkangai Poriyal/Ridge Gourd Fry
- It’s 1/2 kg of Peerkangai/ Ridge Gourd.
- You need 1 tsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Urad Dal.
- You need 1 of Small size Onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Curry leaves.
- You need 1 of Dry Red Chilli Broken.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sambar powder.
- Prepare 5 of Garlic pods roughly chopped.
- It’s of Salt-as per taste.
- Prepare As needed of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Grated Coconut(optional).
Peerkangai Poriyal/Ridge Gourd Fry instructions
- Wash and peel off the skin of Ridge Gourd. Cut into small pieces..
- In a kadai, add oil. Once oil gets heat, add mustard seeds and urad dal. Fry it..
- Add onions, curry leaves and dry red chilli. Saute till onions becomes translucent..
- Add turmeric powder, ridge gourd, garlic, salt and sambar powder. Saute well..
- Add little water. Cover with a lid. Don't add more water. Because ridge gourd will get cooked quickly. Add grated coconut and mix well..
- Transfer to a bowl. Now it's ready to serve. Serve as a Sidedish for your lunch..