Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry).
You can have Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry)
- It’s 2-3 cups of Pumpkin leaves & tender twigs, washed, drained and chopped.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of panch phoron (onion, fennel, fenugreek, mustard & cumin seeds).
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chilies, slit.
- Prepare 8-10 of bori / vadi (sun dried lentil dumplings).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 cup of each of veggies (potatoes, pumpkin, raddish, eggplants, ridge gourd, broad beans), chopped lengthwise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of kasundi / mustard paste.
Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry) step by step
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the bori / vadi till golden colour. Drain and keep aside. Temper the same oil with bay leaves and panch phoron. Saute till it stops spluttering..
- Add the ginger and green chilies..
- Add all the veggies and turmeric powder. Saute till light brown..
- Add chopped twigs, greens, salt, fried vadi, coriander-cumin powder & green peas. Mix everything well. Cover and cook till done. Sprinkle water at intervals..
- When done, add kasundi & mix well. Stir fry for a few seconds..
- Serve as a side dish with rice or chapatis..
- 1. If not using kasundi, them grind 1 tbsp. mustard seeds along with 1-2 green chilies and a pinch of turmeric powder. 2. Instead of mustard paste, you can add 1 tsp. ghee to the end product. 3. Bori (dried lentil dumplings) can also be substituted for prawns in the non-veg. version. 4. Apart from the veggies I have used, you can also add raw papayas, drumstick, carrots, beans and /or parwal (pointed gourd)..