Rocket leaves & feta cheese salad. Rocket or arugula (American English) (Eruca vesicaria; syns. Eruca sativa Mill., E. vesicaria subsp. sativa (Miller) Thell., Brassica eruca L.) is an edible annual plant in the family Brassicaceae used as a leaf vegetable for its fresh, tart, bitter, and peppery flavor. Other common names include garden rocket (in Britain, Australia, South Africa, Ireland and New Zealand), and eruca.
Rocket leaves have a sweet, nutty flavor when they're young but start developing a strong spicy flavor as they mature. Rocket leaves are available throughout the year. It is a quick growing cool season crop. You can cook Rocket leaves & feta cheese salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rocket leaves & feta cheese salad
- You need 3 of arugula (rocket leaves), cleaned and cut into medium pieces.
- It’s 1 of lettuce head, small, washed and cut into medium pieces.
- It’s 3 of chives, cleaned and sliced.
- It’s 15 of cherry tomatoes, or 1 medium tomato cut into small pieces.
- It’s 100 g of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 4 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mustard.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 1 of garlic, crushed.
- You need of salt to taste.
Wild rocket leaves, also known as arugula, salad rocket, or rucola, is a Mediterranean green vegetable. The vegetable is a part of the Brassicaceae family, which also include broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage. The leaves are What are rocket leaves? Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.
Rocket leaves & feta cheese salad step by step
- Mix rocket leaves, lettuce and chives in a deep bowl. Then add in the tomatoes and mix ingredients by hand..
- Prepare the sauce in a bowl by combining the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, oregano, crushed garlic and salt together..
- Add the sauce to the vegetables in the bowl and mix well. Then add in the feta cubes on the surface..
- Serve immediately.
Someone posted some recipes for fresh figs and one calls for rocket leaves. I've not heard of that. radish, rocket leaves, figs, halloumi cheese, cherry tomatoes. Spiral Pasta with a Touch of Orange Receitas Da Felicidade! Rocket League's one of the funnest esports around, and now it's free to play, with full cross-play support across platforms—but it's leaving Steam in the process. Rocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times.