Humus sandwich with rocket and crunchy bright salad. Greek Salad Hummus SandwichSaving Room for Dessert. This healthy hummus sandwich recipe features crisp cucumbers, quick-pickled red onions and carrots, lettuce and herbed hummus! They go great on sandwiches, tacos, salads, toasts—basically on anything that could benefit from a salty, crispy, vinegary punch.
Creamy hummus creates a tasty base for this Mediterranean style sandwich. It's got everything you love in a Greek salad, layered on nutty, crunchy, seeded whole grain bread. Hummus adds such a creamy texture to a sandwich, with plenty of healthy fats. You can cook Humus sandwich with rocket and crunchy bright salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Humus sandwich with rocket and crunchy bright salad
- You need of Salad ingredients:2 celery stick peeled to remove stringy outer.
- You need of Medium or small tomatoes.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- You need 3 of small crunchy carrots(or baby Carrots if available).
- It’s 1-2 handful of rocket leaves.
- It’s of For dressing.Olive oil or veg cooking oil.salt.lemon.black peppe.
- It’s 2 slices of 50 %wholemeal bread.
- Prepare of Or… bread of choice(slightly toasted and buttered).
- You need of Humus(ready made 45%)or home made(see pics what was used here.
- You need of Optional:red onions and to evn mor kick and crnch!endlss psbltyz.
Add lots of veg and this is the Ultimate Hummus Sandwich. Instead, we added as much salad and vegetables as we could and it made for some messy eating, but totally worth it. Maybe wear a bib when eating it though. Sandwiches have undergone a sharp makeover in the past decade, going from dreary lunchbox staple to ''Sandwich-making is about simplicity.
Humus sandwich with rocket and crunchy bright salad step by step
- For the crunchy cubed salad:those r the veg ingredients used.and prep the vegs by peeling carrots and celery.also prep tomatoes remove all core of tomatoes.chop all them up place in your salad bowl /serving dish.
- For the simple dressing:this dressing goes well becoz it is not overpowering test of the other ingreds and yet go very well together.and most important it keeps the veggies as if fresh ie kind of preserves them.So that left over salad can be used next few days again !!!.
- (The ingredients for dressing is as shown in pic).cooking oil.lemon.salt.
- Just stir roughly to form emulsion or can put in jar /bottle to shake..once it turns creamy you got the combi right!!!you don't need alot..becoz the salad does giv out more water with time…but the juices are great taste so you can drizzle it in the food dishes too.
- .Humus and the other ingredients:you can have ready made humus or you can use home made…you need bread slices.(this goes great as a subway style baguette or on crackers too).you can add crushed black peppercorns.and rock salt for gr8 textures and earthyness too..
- You can prep the bread by lightly toasting and butter.then add your humus..then your rocket leaves then the crunchy salad…bismillah..enjoy!!!.you can add red onion.(see the pics above).
Roasted pumpkin, goat's cheese, rocket and dukkah It's not just vegetarians who enjoy this. Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich with sauteed carrots, garlic, caraway seeds, and red pepper flakes on your favorite bread with hummus is healthy, easy to make and full of great flavor! I am loving making my way through all the wonderful vegan, plant-based meals I come across! Vegetarian sandwich with rocket salad without meat. I grew up eating tuna salad sandwiches, but when I got older, I stopped eating them since they're made with mayo, and not exactly the healthiest lunch option.