Rosemary Focaccia. This delicious Rosemary Focaccia Bread recipe is easy to make, and topped with fresh rosemary, olive oil and flaky sea salt. Meet my all-time favorite focaccia bread recipe. ♡. This classic focaccia topped with fresh rosemary is easy to make and feeds a crowd.
It has a crisp outside and soft inside, and is perfect to serve. When the focaccias have puffed up in the pan a little, sprinkle the rosemary evenly over the surface. Homemade focaccia is simply the BEST! You can have Rosemary Focaccia using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rosemary Focaccia
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water (about 110F).
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of active-dry yeast.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling.
- You need 1 tsp of salt, if using rock or fine salt (2 tsp if using flaky salt), plus extra for toppings.
- You need 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
It's easy to make, but be sure to give yourself the afternoon. You'll be rewarded with a rich, rosemary-scented bread that feeds a crowd. To make focaccia, remove half the dough from the bowl (leave the rest for another time) and place on a lightly floured surface. Try our incredibly moreish Italian bread glistening with olive oil and studded with rosemary for a satisfying side dish.
Rosemary Focaccia instructions
- Proof the yeast. Add sugar onto water and stir until dissolved. Add the yeast, quickly stir mix and leave for 10 minutes. If the yeast is alive, the mixture should be foamy after 10 minutes..
- Once the yeast have been proofed, gradually add the flour, salt and oil while mixing on low speed. Mix on medium for 5 minutes. You can also do this by hand, by kneading on the bowl for 5 minutes until the ingredients are well combined and the dough is pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Add flour is the dough is too sticky..
- Shape the bowl into a ball and place into a greased bowl for the first rise. Cover the bowl with a damp towel then put the bowl in a warm place. Let the dough rise for 45-60 minutes or until double in size..
- Turn the dough onto a baking pan lined with wax paper and flattened to about 1/2 inches thick. Cover again with a damp cloth and continue to rise for 20 minutes..
- Preheat the oven at 210F..
- Using you finger, pole deep dents into the dough. Drizzle with olive oil and evenly sprinkle with rosemary needles and flaky sea salt..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until dough is slightly golden brown and cooked through..
- Remove from oven and drizzle with extra olive oil..
This rosemary focaccia bread recipe calls for chilling the dough overnight, so plan ahead. Let cool to room temperature before slicing. Rustic and romantic, this prized bread from northwestern Italy is the most perfect I'm going to make this focaccia using olives and rosemary but you can use the toppings of your choice. This focaccia, topped with olives, rosemary, and pistachios, requires no kneading or stretching and results in a crisp, olive oil-scented crust and a puffy, moist, well-risen internal crumb with just the right. An easy recipe for Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread.