Tinda (Indian round gourd) masala. Praecitrullus fistulosus, commonly known as Tinda, also called Indian squash, round melon, Indian round gourd or apple gourd or Indian baby pumpkin, is a squash-like cucurbit grown for its immature fruit, a vegetable especially popular in South Asia. It is the only member of the genus Praecitrullus. See great recipes for Tinda (Indian round gourd) masala too!
Try to fit it into your diet with these recipes. Also called Indian round gourd, apple gourd or Indian Baby Pumpkin, tinda is best known for being mild and soothing for the digestive system. Tinda Masala Recipe or Tinday also known as apple gourd is a vegetable that is cooked in almost every Indian household. You can have Tinda (Indian round gourd) masala using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tinda (Indian round gourd) masala
- Prepare 500 gm of tinde.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 4 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 of medium onion sliced.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Because of its appearance not many people relish this one. I have to admit that growing up, I too was in the same boat – a big no no for this vegetable. Externally, often its light green skin surface is hairy, especially in young, immature fruits. Tinday ki sabzi/Tinda masala Tinday ki sabzi/Tinda masala is a tasty north Indian sabzi that can be prepared easily.
Tinda (Indian round gourd) masala instructions
- Wash the tindas and slice of both ends and scrape off thick skin. Slit each tinda into four without seprating the pieces..
- Mix curd, turmeric powder, salt,coriander powder,chilli powder, and stuff the tindas with mixture..
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. Add the sliced onions and ginger garlic paste and saute for two, three minutes on medium flame..
- Add the stuffed tindas and 1tbs water and close the cooker till the three whistles given out. Now open the lid and garnish with coriander leaves..
The other names of Tinda are Apple gourd, Indian baby pumpkin and Indian round gourd. The tender tinda will not have much of seeds but the. Remove the black part of the Indian round gourd and make slits in a plus sign. Mix together coriander powder, cumin powder, dried mango powder, black salt, red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl. Tinda "Indian round gourd" or "apple gourd" or "Indian baby pumpkin", is a squash-like cucurbit grown for its immature fruit, a vegetable especially popular in south asia.