You can have Masala Tinda using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Masala Tinda
- It’s 500 grms of tinde/round gourd.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of green chilli and ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry mango powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds coarsely crushed.
- Prepare 2 spoon of mustard oil.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- It’s leaves of Few Green coriander.
Masala Tinda step by step
- Wash and peel the skin of tinde or round gourd. Peel tinde simply using a regular knife as using a peeler would lead to a lot of wastage. Now dry them with a kitchen towel and cut them into small pieces..
- Heat 2 spoon mustard oil in a flat cooker. When the oil is hot add asafoetida and cumin seeds..
- Once the seeds start to crack, add all spices except salt and dry mango powder and mix them well for a minutes on slow flame. Add the small tinda pieces, one tbsp of water and salt and mix them well..
- Now close the lid of the cooker and take one whistle. Let the cooker cool down..
- Now open the cooker and add dry mango powder and mix it well. If there is excess water, let the water evaporates on low flame..