Bottle gourd tawa fried or lauki bhaja. Bottle gourd seeds are toasted and ground with rice, allspice etc to make a local drink in. Lau Er Khosha Bhaja literary translates to Bottle Gourd Peel Stir Fry. It is a humble side dish, typically paired with steamed white rice and lentil stew.
Lauki also known as bottle gourd or opo squash is used in indian cuisine in various. Bottle gourd curry, lauki sabzi or dudhi sabji is something I that make more with bottle gourd other than the dal. This lauki sabzi is very easy, simple and made with minimal ingredients and it goes well with roti, paratha or with dal-rice, rasam-rice etc. You can have Bottle gourd tawa fried or lauki bhaja using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bottle gourd tawa fried or lauki bhaja
- It’s 10-12 of round shape sliced bottle gourd.
- You need 3-4 tablespoon of besan/gram flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of chaat masala.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil for marinating.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare As needed of red chilli powder for sprinkling on bhaja.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of water.
Normally I make this dudhi sabzi with roti or when I. It has a variety of uses and provides several Bottle gourd should preferably be eaten with its skin. In ancient times, however, this plant was grown for its fruits which were used for storing water. Lauki also known as bottle gourd or opo squash is used in indian cuisine in various ways. lauki is very healthy and its good to include this veggie in your diet. lauki is also called as dudhi (marathi and gujarati), ghiya (hindi) and sorakaya in regional languages.
Bottle gourd tawa fried or lauki bhaja step by step
- Wash well bottle gourd, rinse and cut to round shape sliced and keep aside.
- Take a bowl add sliced bottle gourd, besan,red chilli powder, salt,chaatmasala, oil,water. And mix it all well using hand..
- Now take a tawa,heat well, add oil 2 tablespoon place sliced bottle gourd on tawa. Fry it on both the sides till turns golden brown in colour. When one side is done flip to second side. Do it on medium heat. It would take 2 rounds for frying depending upon the size of tawa..
- Once done both the sides,take a serving plate place all the bhaja on it. Sprinkle it with red chilli powder..
Lauki or Bottle Gourd or Calabash has been used in South East Asian countries as a weight loss tonic as well as in skin care regime. A highly prized vegetable in Ayurvedic medicine as it increases ojas (immunity) and nourishes Vata and Pitta dosha. Vata and Pitta must consume cooked lauki or bottle. Bottle gourd is believed to help the liver function in a balanced fashion. The juice from the leaves help cure jaundice and the juice from the gourd helps The juice from bottle gourd leaf helps in curing baldness and aids in preventing tooth decay.