Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops.
You can cook Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops
- You need 6 of bone in 1/2 inch thick pork chop.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- It’s 6 of Apples diced, I prefer honey crisp.
- It’s 3 sprigs of sage- fresh.
- You need 1/2 cup of Apple Cider.
- You need 1/3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 1 TBSP of Worchester.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 of shallots.
- It’s 1 of Or 2 sweet onions.
- It’s 3 of acorn squash.
- You need of 6 tbsp of brown sugar for squash.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter for squash, 1 tbsp each.
Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops step by step
- Take your pork chops and soak in mildly warm salt water for 45 minutes on counter, pat pork dry set aside on plate.
- Prepare sea salt and course black pepper. Grind sprinkle on pork chops while heating your cast iron pan on hot w 2 TBSP of olive oil. Let it smoke mildly, then turn down to 6 or 7. Add 2 tbsp butter.
- Brown pork chops once pan is hot. 2-3 minutes on each side until the seat is brown.. do not burn. Turn heat to 7. Set each chop aside in another enamel o en safe pan. Oven needs to be heated to 275. Scrap bowl bits from cast iron pan into new pan w chops..
- Take apples, add nutmeg and cinnamon to apples, set aside.
- Add all liquid together to make sauce- whisk and put in Apple over pork, then pour liquid over after mixed..
- Add sage around edges of dish in liquid..
- In another pan add 2 tbsp butter, carmelize butter and onions along w rosemary and other Provence style herbs. Add over apples..
- Liquid should cover chops, if it does not add more Apple Cider until liquid covers most of chops. Cook for 3 hours on 275. Using a baster after 2 hours rotate pork and baste..
- On a separate cookie sheet pan, place 1/2 acorn squash, scope out middles, wrap in tin foil, add butter and brown sugar wrap each one up, place on sheet in oven..
- Cook all items for 3 hours on 275..
- Once timer is off, check chops and baste or use a ladle to take out liquid. Use a separate pot to make gravy. Add cornstarch to hot liquid from chops and apples !! Add cornstarch to thicken..
- Serve w squash, pork and apples and onions!! Yummy…