Salt Chilli Squid.
You can cook Salt Chilli Squid using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salt Chilli Squid
- Prepare 200 g of squid hoods, cleaned.
- Prepare 115 g of plain all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 of long red chillies, cut lengthways and deseeded.
- It’s of Small handful fresh coriander.
- You need 1 of lemon, cut into wedges.
Salt Chilli Squid instructions
- Cut the squid into strips about 1 cm wide.
- Mix the flour, chilli powder and salt thoroughly in large bowl.
- Set up a fryer at 190 degree celcius.
- Dredge the squid through the chilli flour, ensuring all the surfaces and coated. Gently shake off the axcess..
- Fry for 60 seconds in two batches.
- For the last batch, fry the chilli together with the squid. Drain on paper towel..
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with the coriander.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Don’t squeeze the lemon over the squid all at once at this will turn it into a soggy pickle. Squeeze and eat as you go..