Crispy pork belly with chimichurri. As we settle into autumn, the way we cook and eat shifts along with the weather. As the abundance of beautiful summer produce wanes and the weather cools, we make more room on our plates for meats and reintroduce cuts that we all but forgot during the summer months. Nobody does crispy pork belly like the Chinese!
Tender, juicy, crispy roasted pork belly served with fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro, chimichurri sauce and tangy cotija cheese make these Pork Belly Tacos some of the best tacos you'll ever eat! One of my favorite item to get from a Chinese BBQ restaurant is crispy pork belly! The crunch the juicy fatty pork, I love it! You can cook Crispy pork belly with chimichurri using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy pork belly with chimichurri
- Prepare of Pork belly.
- Prepare of pork belly.
- You need of large lemon, cut into 1 cm slices.
- Prepare of large onion, cut into 1 cm slices.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s of freshly cracked black pepper.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of Chimichurri.
- It’s of large handful fresh Italian parsley.
- Prepare of shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of red wine vinegar.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
Here's my recipe on how to. Crispy pork belly is one of my favorite Cantonese dishes for the years in Guangdong province. After I learn how to make crispy pork belly from a Cantonese friends at home several years ago. I am always trying to find ways and information for a better result and trying to understand how every step.
Crispy pork belly with chimichurri instructions
- The day before, use a sharp knife to score a diamond pattern into the skin of the pork. You want to cut down into the fat but not into the meat. Sprinkle the skin liberally with salt (at least 1 tbsp for a kilo of meat), making sure it gets inside the cuts you just made. Put the pork belly in the fridge, uncovered with the skin-side up, for at least 12 hours..
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Lay the lemon and onion slices in an alternating single layer on a baking sheet. Lay the bay leaves on top. Mix together the kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder and sprinkle it onto the meat side of the roast. Put the roast skin-side up on top of the lemon, onion and bay leaves. Roast for 2 1/2 hours..
- While you're waiting, put the parsley, shallot, garlic, oregano and pepper flakes in a pestle and mortar. Add a good pinch of salt and smash into a chunky paste. Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and olive oil and whisk lightly to combine everything. Refrigerate the chimichurri until you're ready to serve..
- Pull the pork belly from the oven and turn the heat up to 450 F. Once it reaches temperature, put the pork back in and roast for 30 minutes until the skin is super crispy. Let the pork rest for 15 minutes before carving. Don't forget the chimichurri..
Crispy Pork Belly Chicharon might look like your regular lechon kawali. How to Cook Crispy Pork Belly. There are two cooking methods involved in making the crispiest pork belly. Fortunately, these methods are exactly the same as making lechon kawali. Succulent and juicy baked crispy chicken strips with vibrant, garlicky chimichurri makes a fantastic Summer meal that adults and kids love!