Mustard Shallot Red Wine Vinaigrette.
You can cook Mustard Shallot Red Wine Vinaigrette using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mustard Shallot Red Wine Vinaigrette
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of minced shallots.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1-1.5 Tablespoons of water depending on how acidic your vinegar is.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Dijon or spicy brown mustard.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s to taste of black pepper.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil (or your neutral flavored oil of choice for salad dressings).
Mustard Shallot Red Wine Vinaigrette step by step
- Put all ingredients *except* oil and stir or whisk to blend everything thoroughly, and at least until all sugar and salt are dissolved. Give it a taste and adjust seasoning as desired..
- Then add oil and make sure to give it a really good whisking right before dressing your salad to incorporate the oil with the other ingredients. The reason I always add oil last is because it's so much easier to taste the balance of seasonings before the oil's been added..
- An optional ingredient you might consider having on hand for dressings is xanthan gum. In *very* small amounts, it's a great emulsifier, which helps keep the oil and vinegar parts of your dressing in suspension together, i.e., emulsified. For this quantity of dressing, slurry about 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum with half a teaspoon of whatever oil you're using, then pour into the dressing and whisk or blend for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep in mind that you can't slurry xanthan gum with water..