Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa.
Quinoa, water, salt or as desired, black pepper (optional), sprinkle of seasoning powder or mixed herbs (optional) Quinoa, the super-grain of Peru, has a creamy and supple texture that lends itself to recipes that are typically made with rice, like this risotto. It's high in protein and fiber, gluten-free and very filling. White quinoa is the most common variety, but you can also find red, black or multicolored quinoa–any variety works in this recipe. You can cook Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa
- Prepare 12 of medium shrimp.
- You need 1/2 pound of shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 6 of minced garlic cloves.
- You need 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil for cooking shrimp and shiitake.
- It’s to taste of Pepper and Salt.
- Prepare of Serve on bed of arugula or spinach.
For a vegetarian version of this easy healthy recipe. Here, the quinoa is gussied up with sautéed onions, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, and pecans to make an earthy and hearty dish. What you'll need to make Quinoa Pilaf One of the secrets to making delicious quinoa is to ignore the instructions on the package, which almost always call for too much liquid and result in mushy quinoa. Our recipes are for those looking to master the basics, the classics or the I've-never-cooked-this-before-but-really-want-to.
Shrimp Shiitake Mushroom Quinoa step by step
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 3 garlic cloves and sauté with mushrooms until shiitake is slightly crispy.
- Separately cook shrimp in oil and garlic with cumin.
- Mix quinoa with shrimp and mushrooms.
- Add salt to taste.
We start with nutrient-dense, unprocessed ingredients and seasonal whole foods to turn even the easiest weeknight meal into a form of creative, delicious expression. The kitchen is where we can stop to connect with the here and now, and bring recipes to life through. Good base recipe; easy to tweak it and make it an entree. I cooked the quinoa with low sodium chicken broth and a splash of fresh squeezed orange juice. Busy days call for meals with quick prep, simple ingredients, and major crowd-pleasing abilities.