For Sushi: Slowly Simmered Shiitake Mushrooms.
You can have For Sushi: Slowly Simmered Shiitake Mushrooms using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of For Sushi: Slowly Simmered Shiitake Mushrooms
- Prepare 5 of or 6 medium Shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 50 of to 100 ml Liquid from reconstituting the shiitake.
- Prepare 200 ml of including the soaking water from the shiitake Dashi soup stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon Sugar.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon Soy sauce.
For Sushi: Slowly Simmered Shiitake Mushrooms instructions
- Combine the dashi soup stock and the soaking water from the shiitake in a pot, cut off the stems of the shiitake, add it to the pot, then simmer..
- Carefully remove any scum that rises to the top..
- After simmering for 5 minutes, add the sugar and mirin, then simmer for about 5 more minutes to sweeten..
- Add the soy sauce. Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes on very low heat until the soy sauce thickens..
- Remove from heat, and let the mushrooms marinate in the sauce until they cool..
- I used them in country-style fat sushi rolls. You can enjoy them on their own too! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/154979-country-styled-rolled-sushi-with-kampyo-dried-gourd-and-shiitake.
- I used small shiitake mushrooms here and put them in a bento..