Wild Rice W/ Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan.
You can cook Wild Rice W/ Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan using 7 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wild Rice W/ Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of small diced yellow onion (heaping).
- You need 8 oz of organic raw wild rice.
- Prepare 4 cup of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
- You need 5 oz of fresh organic shiitake mushroom caps.
Wild Rice W/ Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan step by step
- To view original recipe go to: http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/2606/wild-rice-with-shiitake-mushrooms.html.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice mushroom caps into 1/4 in. Slices..
- Heat oil in a stovetop/oven safe pot or skillet..
- Add onion and cook until tender..
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat..
- Add rice and toss to coat again..
- Add stock, salt and pepper..
- Bring to a rolling simmer..
- Cover pot with oven proof lid..
- Place pot in oven on upper oven racks if heat source is in bottom of oven..
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Do not open or uncover the dish during cooking..
- Almost all the liquid should be gone and the rice should be tender and split..
- If not put back in oven for another 10-15 minutes..
- Remove from oven, keep covered and let stand 15 minutes..
- Uncover and fluff with a fork..
- Serve hot! Enjoy!.