Chukka Chicken/Green Sorrel Leaves with Chicken. Chukka leaves have a tart, green, and grassy flavor with notes of citrus. Chukka is sharp and slightly astringent Chukka leaves, botanically classified as Rumex vesicarius, grow on a leafy perennial and are Also known as Narrow-leaved dock, Spinach dock, Khatta palak, Ambat chukka, Indian Sorrel. Chicken Chukka Recipe is an easy and delicious chicken curry marianted with spices before temering with curry leaves with step by step pictures and Different from the chicken sukka, this is absolutely a delight to eat.
Chicken chukka / Chicken sukka is a chicken dish which is very easy to prepare and delicious to taste. It goes well with ghee rice and i often try this yummy dish at Make a ground paste of dried red chili, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chilli garlic paste, coriander leaves, green chili, and salt. Gongura chicken recipe is a variation of andhra chicken curry that is very popular especially in Andhra restaurants. You can cook Chukka Chicken/Green Sorrel Leaves with Chicken using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chukka Chicken/Green Sorrel Leaves with Chicken
- You need 5-6 bunches of Green sorrel leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 Kg of Chicken bone-in.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin powder roasted.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 4-5 of Green chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder roasted.
- It’s 2 of Onions thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 of Tomatoes finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of Oil.
Add little sugar as soon as you add leaves if you desire. Gongura with chicken is a very popular and authentic dish of Andhra cuisine. Gongura is called as sorrel leaves in English, khatti bhaji or ambadi ki bhaji in Hindi, pulicha keerai in Tamil. It has a distinctive flavour and sour taste.
Chukka Chicken/Green Sorrel Leaves with Chicken instructions
- Wash and clean Chicken thoroughly and add half of Salt and Ginger garlic paste to it. Leave it well covered. Meanwhile heat Oil in a cooking pot. Saute Onions, Green chillies and Ginger garlic paste along with the rest of the spices. Fry all on a low heat until done. Now add the Tomatoes. Cover and Until they are soft. And then finally add the marinated Chicken to it. Saute it on a high heat at first for 2-3 minutes. Then lower the heat and simmer. Keep it covered..
- After the Chicken is almost done, add roughly chopped Green Sorrel Leaves to it. It should be added in the end because they get very quickly done. There is no need to add water. Cook on a high heat and the consistency should be thick but not totally dry. Garnish with coriander leaves and adjust Salt before taking it off the heat..
- This particular one is my innovative take on the popular Chukka Gosht from Hyderabad. I have used Chicken in this particular one. The end result was awesome. As it is, Children love Chicken and this was gladly welcomed by them. The Greens were also gone unnoticed and i didn't have much problem feeding them. In this way the experiment proved quite successful for me. I hope your families will also enjoy this variation wholeheartedly. Happy Cooking Everyone!.
Because of the Gongura leaves, any curry prepared has a sour taste. This easy green curry is made with chicken, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lime. Few dishes are as satisfying as a freshly made green curry. The curry paste itself, made here with fresh cilantro stems, lemongrass, shallot, chilies, and ginger, is a treat to inhale. This Chicken and Green Bean casserole (aka Chicken Stuffing Casserole) is a family favorite.