Chukka Chicken/Green Sorrel Leaves with Chicken. Adding sorrel leaves to chicken: Add chopped sorrel leaves and coriander leaves close the lid. Wait for a minute and mix well. Add enough water to cook the chicken according to the consistency required.
Chukka leaves look similar to spinach with a smooth texture and dark green surface, but they have thicker and juicer stems. Chukka leaves have a tart, green, and grassy flavor with notes of citrus. In this curry we prepare to use bone chicken we use in this recipe. You can have Chukka Chicken/Green Sorrel Leaves with Chicken using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chukka Chicken/Green Sorrel Leaves with Chicken
- It’s 5-6 bunches of Green sorrel leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 Kg of Chicken bone-in.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin powder roasted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 4-5 of Green chillies finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander powder roasted.
- You need 2 of Onions thinly sliced.
- You need 3 of Tomatoes finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves chopped.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of Oil.
We use some garam masala powder, onions & tomatoes in this recipe. This is a traditional chicken recipe from Andhra using sorrel leaves. It is slightly on the tangy side but the chilies and spices render an unique flavor. Ambat Chukka / Green Sorrel meaning and translation in Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Marati, Oriya and Punjabi
Chukka Chicken/Green Sorrel Leaves with Chicken instructions
- Wash and clean Chicken thoroughly and add half of Salt and Ginger garlic paste to it. Leave it well covered. Meanwhile heat Oil in a cooking pot. Saute Onions, Green chillies and Ginger garlic paste along with the rest of the spices. Fry all on a low heat until done. Now add the Tomatoes. Cover and Until they are soft. And then finally add the marinated Chicken to it. Saute it on a high heat at first for 2-3 minutes. Then lower the heat and simmer. Keep it covered..
- After the Chicken is almost done, add roughly chopped Green Sorrel Leaves to it. It should be added in the end because they get very quickly done. There is no need to add water. Cook on a high heat and the consistency should be thick but not totally dry. Garnish with coriander leaves and adjust Salt before taking it off the heat..
- This particular one is my innovative take on the popular Chukka Gosht from Hyderabad. I have used Chicken in this particular one. The end result was awesome. As it is, Children love Chicken and this was gladly welcomed by them. The Greens were also gone unnoticed and i didn't have much problem feeding them. In this way the experiment proved quite successful for me. I hope your families will also enjoy this variation wholeheartedly. Happy Cooking Everyone!.
Pachakam.com Method for making the chicken chukka recipe. You will have to first marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste and other spices. First, the tempering is done with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Later more spices are added before adding tomato and chicken. Sorrel, also called garden sorrel or spinach dock, is a perennial plant with edible leaves.