Ambaade Ki Khatti Daal.
You can cook Ambaade Ki Khatti Daal using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ambaade Ki Khatti Daal
- Prepare 1 cup of Red Lentils or Masoor.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Pigeon Pea Lentils or Toor.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 6-7 of Tomatoes chopped.
- You need 3-4 of Green Chillies slit.
- You need 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- You need 5-6 of small bunches Sorrel Leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of Tamarind water.
- It’s of FOR THE TEMPERING -.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 3-4 of Dry Red chillies.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 3-4 of Garlic cloves thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 Sprig of Curry Leaves.
Ambaade Ki Khatti Daal instructions
- Soak both Dals in enough water for 3 hours. Pressure cook them with all the ingredients mentioned for 6-7 whistles on a high heat..
- Add Dals, Ginger garlic paste, Red chilli and Turmeric powders, Green chillies slit, Curry Leaves and some Salt. After done, let the pressure settle down completely on it's own before opening the lid..
- Now add the Sorrel Leaves to it along with Tamarind water. Pressure cook this for just 2 whistles. Adjust Salt and simmer on medium high heat for 5-10 more minutes. Prepare the tempering and add to the simmering Daal. Mix well and enjoy with Boiled Rice, Shaami Kabaabs, Dum Ke Kabaabs, Hyderabadi Shikampur Kabaabs or just plain Poppadoms and Potato Chips. Happy Mealtimes!.
- Garnish with some Coriander Leaves chopped. As these Sorrel Leaves are naturally tangy, use of Tamarind depends on your choice. You can add a small Lemon sized ball of it by soaking it in water for a few minutes and then squeezing out it's juice. Enjoy!.