Rice porridge (faten shinkafa). Congee is Chinese rice porridge, which can be served plain, sweet, or savory. Here are three ways to cook this classic dish. Congee is essentially a rice porridge made by boiling rice in a great deal of water until it breaks down into a pudding-like consistency.
Step-by-step guide how to make the best Chinese porridge from scratch. Making a good Cantonese rice porridge (also called rice congee) required patience and the right technique. The rice gets soft and it's very comforting when sick. You can cook Rice porridge (faten shinkafa) using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice porridge (faten shinkafa)
- It’s of Rice.
- You need of Spinach.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- You need of Scotch bonnet (attarugu).
- Prepare of Sorrel leaves (yakuwa).
- Prepare of Groundnut oil.
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare of Beef meat.
- Prepare of Onion.
You can use just long grain white rice if you do not have glutinous rice. Spoon porridge into individual serving bowls. Japanese Rice Porridge – A Healing Food. Rice Porridge, or we call it Okayu (お粥), is a simple dish made with rice and water.
Rice porridge (faten shinkafa) step by step
- Grind rice to break it into smaller pieces (i.e a barza shinkafa).
- Blend tomatoes, Scotch bonnet and onions.
- Wash your spinach and sorrel leaves, then use knife to chop the leaves until they have reach the size that you desire. Keep aside..
- In a clean pot, fry your tomatoes paste with groundnut oil.
- When fried and oil appears, add a few cups of water (depending on the quantity of your rice).
- When the water boils, wash the rice,add in the rice and stir.
- Add spices.
- When it's almost done, on a low heat add spinach and sorrel leaves.
- In a different pan, cut beef meat into small pieces.
- Fry them in 1 cup of oil.
- Add salt and any other seasoning you have.
- Add small water and cover it until it is fried.
- Serve it with your rice porridge..
How to Make Japanese Rice Porridge. Tuwo shinkafa (Tuwon shinkafa) is a rice meal, popular in the northern parts of Nigeria. It is usually served as an accompaniment for soups and stews Tuwo shinkafa is usually prepared from scratch with short grain rice (local rice), but it can also be prepared with rice flour (which is the easiest.. This basic congee recipe is a great starter for making the classic Chinese rice porridge. It gets umami flavor from dried shrimp, dried scallops, and shiitake mushrooms.