Sai Bhaji / Dal Palak /Spinach. Sai Bhaji is a traditional Sindhi recipe. This dish is a powerhouse of nutrients as it is a combination of green leafy vegetables and dal. Sai bhaji (Sindhi: سائي ڀاڄي) is a Sindhi vegetarian curry, consisting of dal (lentils), palak (spinach) and other vegetables.
Made in a stovetop pressure cooker. Vegan Dal Palak – Made with onions and garlic in an Instant pot. Palak and dal go very well together. You can cook Sai Bhaji / Dal Palak /Spinach using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sai Bhaji / Dal Palak /Spinach
- It’s 100 g of spinach.
- You need 50 g of chickpeas split (chana dal).
- You need 1 handful of dill leaves (optional).
- You need 1 handful of sorrel leaves (ambat chuka) Optional.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 1 of potato chopped in small pieces.
- Prepare 1 of brinjal chopped in small pieces.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 of Salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 glass of water.
In India we do add veggies to dal and spinach dal is one of those recipes. I have adapted this dal palak recipe from a. Sai Bhaji is a classic Sindhi dish prepared with Spinach and Vegetables. One of my best friend's, Leena, who also happens to be my childhood Sindhi Sai Bhaji… a delicious and healthy meal that goes best with rice!
Sai Bhaji / Dal Palak /Spinach step by step
- Soak chickpeas split (chana dal) in water for 1/2 an hour. And in that time chop all the above mention greens and vegetables. Wash them & keep it aside..
- Take a pressure cooker, add oil, once the oil is hot add cumin seeds and onion and let it cook on a medium flame till it turns pink..
- Add tomato and cook for two minutes. Now add potato, all the greens, brinjal, green chilli and chickpeas split. Give it a mix..
- Next goes in all dry masalas Salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix once and add water..
- Close the lid and let it cook on high flame for 1 whistle, then lower the flame and cook for another 2 whistles. Once done put the flame off and let the cooker cool down..
- After the cook is cooled, open the lid and with the wooden hand blender mash the vegetable completely (same way how you do it with dal). Warm the vegetable for few minutes and serve with rice / roti..
NUTRITION: Spinach is loaded with tons of nutrients. Sai bhaji is also called Sindhi palak and is very popular not just in Sindhi households but all the other communities too. Learn how to make Indian sai bhaji. Dal Palak or Spinach Dal is a very simple yet delicious Indian dish made with lentils, spinach, and seasoned with few spices. Learn how to make this flavorful dal palak curry, North Indian style with this easy, step-by-step recipe with pictures.