You can have Aavakaaya Fish using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aavakaaya Fish
- You need 4 of basa fish fillets.
- You need 2 tsp of Aavakaaya(with out pieces).
- Prepare 2 tsp of aavakaaya oil(oil in the mango pickle).
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of For Gongura Marinade:.
- You need 1 bunch of gongura(sorrel leaves).
- Prepare 10 of soaked red chillies.
- You need 10 of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of roasted jeera.
- It’s 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
Aavakaaya Fish step by step
- For making gongura Marinade, clean and wash gongura leaves. Cook them and grind to a smooth paste by adding reqd salt. Keep it aside.
- Grind together soaked red chillies,garlic,jeera, Salt and olive oil, coarsely. Mix it with gongura..
- Add aavakaaya gravy and oil in this paste.
- Marinate fish by applying this paste on both sides and leave it for 30mins to one hour.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish.
- Once frying is done, sautee some white rice in the same pan, add reqd salt and serve fish with this rice..