Gongura Chicken (Grandmother Special).
You can cook Gongura Chicken (Grandmother Special) using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gongura Chicken (Grandmother Special)
- It’s 2 cup of Gongura or sorrel leaves.
- It’s 400 grams of Chicken (with bones).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need of Required salt.
- It’s 2-3 of Green chillies.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
Gongura Chicken (Grandmother Special) step by step
- Discard the stems and wash the leaves twice or thrice to remove the dirt and soil from it.Drain the water well. Transfer the leaves to a pan..
- Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder , turmeric powder and required salt. Leave it for 20 minutes..
- Heat the pan and add oil once the oil is hot add chopped onions and saute till light brown in colour.. Now transfer marinated chicken and cook over medium heat and cook till soft and tender. Now add cleaned gongura leaves and 2 to 3 green chillies and cook till the leaves are softened.. Oil floats on top than the chicken is ready.. Serve with hot rice…