Gongura Chicken – Andhra Style.
You can cook Gongura Chicken – Andhra Style using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gongura Chicken – Andhra Style
- Prepare 500 gms of boneless chicken, cubed.
- Prepare 1 bunch of gongura leaves (sorrel leaves), chopped.
- It’s 2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 2-3 of green chilies, chopped / slit.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of red chilli powder or to taste.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- It’s of coriander leaves to garnish.
Gongura Chicken – Andhra Style step by step
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions, green chilies and curry leaves till light brown. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and all the powdered masalas mixed with little water..
- Fry till the oil separates from the sides of the pan. Add the chicken and mix well to combine with all the masalas. Cook, covered on low flame till dry. Add 1/2 cup water and simmer. till it is soft..
- Now add the gongura leaves and continue to cook till the leaves are wilted and the gravy is thick. Serve, garnished with coriander leaves..