Gongura Chicken Fry.
You can have Gongura Chicken Fry using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gongura Chicken Fry
- It’s 500 gm of chicken, curry cut.
- Prepare 1-2 bunches of gongura leaves (sorrel leaves), chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 2 of onions, chopped.
- It’s 2-3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp. of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Gongura Chicken Fry step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and saute the garlic till it changes colour. Add the onion and fry till light brown..
- Now add the chopped gongura leaves and continue to stir fry, covered, for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside to cool down. Then grind into a paste..
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and and fry the chicken till it slightly changes colour. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and simmer, covered, for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, curry leaves and coriander-cumin powder. Mix well and keep frying for a minute or two..
- Add the gongura paste and a sprinkle of some water. Mix well and cover with a lid. Simmer on a low flame for 8-10 minutes..
- Keep stirring at intervals so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the chicken turns soft..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve as a side with either rice or chapattis..