Sorrel leaves chutney gongura chutney. Gongura pachadi recipe or gongura chutney. Red sorrel leaves are called as gongura or puntikura in telugu, pulicha keerai in tamil, punde pale in kannada and ambaadi in Marati, pitwaa in Hindi. These leaves taste sour can help in alleviating symptoms of cold, cough and fever too.
It is an important part of Once once, add the chopped gongura leaves, salt to taste and the ground powder. Keep stirring until the Gongura leaves become soft; it will take less. The flavorful sorrel leaves chutney which I had at my friend's place had awakened my taste buds then. You can cook Sorrel leaves chutney gongura chutney using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sorrel leaves chutney gongura chutney
- Prepare 200 gm of sorrel leaves.
- It’s 1-2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grinded coriander, cumin and fenugreek powder.
- It’s 5-6 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 3-4 of curry leaves.
- It’s 2 of red chilli powder.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Now the moment I saw fresh leaves in the market, those memories flushed out. So chutney magic recreated with all the enthusiasm and energy. An ace Chutney Gongura Pachadi or Sorrel Leaves Chutney is quintessentially an authentic delicacy of Telugu cuisine & a part of many feast & festivals. Gongura or Sorrel leaves is one of the quintessential ingredients in Telugu cuisine.
Sorrel leaves chutney gongura chutney step by step
- Grind Green chilli.
- Grind coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds into a powder.
- Boil sorrel leaves, tomato in a pan by adding 1 table spoon of oil, add green chilli paste once it is half cooked. Then add coriander, cumin and fenugreek powder into it. Close the lid and keep the stove in low flame. Once it is cooked take other pan for tadka. In that pan pour oil, once the oil heats add red chiili, garlic, curry leaves, now add this tadka into sorrel leaves.
- Take it into a bowl and serve hot with rice /chapathi /roti..
Different regions call these leaves with different names. Red Sorrel Leaves Chutney or Gongura Pachadi is a very special condiment in India's southern state of Andra Pradesh. Here is the simple recipe for preparing Gongura Chutney. Gongura Chutney or sorrel leaves chutney is a very popular dish of Andhra Pradesh. In Tamil, Gongura is called Pulicha keerai because of its sour taste.