You can have Zobo Drink using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zobo Drink
- You need 5 cups of Zobo leaves(dried roselle or sorrel leaves).
- It’s 50 g of Pineapple peel (or peel from one pineapple).
- You need 5 of roots Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cloves(called konofuru by Yorubas).
- Prepare of Artificial sweetener/sugar.
- It’s 2 of Pineapple flavor.
- You need 3 litres of Water.
- You need of Clean bottles to refrigerate the drink.
Zobo Drink instructions
- Dust the zobo leaves, pick out dirt then add into your cooking pot..
- Add in the pineapple peel, blended or grated ginger and cloves.
- Add in warm water to cover the contents of the pot.
- Stir all together and cook for 45minutes then put off the fire and allow cool.
- Using a fine sieve, squeeze out the juice and throw the chaff away.
- Add in the pineapple flavor and sweetener (you can also use dates or sugar).
- Pour into the clean bottles and refrigerate.
- To serve; Add some ice cubes into a glass cup, 2 slices of pineapple and some lemon slices(optional)..
- Pour in your Zobo juice then relax and enjoy every sip.