Gongura mamsam or lamb cooked with sorrel leaves. A big bunch of sorrel leaves and some simple spices make this dish very delicious and yummy! When they are half way cooked through, add some salt and chilli powder. A spicy lamb curry with the distinctive taste of it main ingredient gongura or sorrel leaves.
An authentic Andhra non-vegetarian meal is incomplete without Gongura With fresh sorrel leaves available in abundance at our local rythu bazaar, I bought a few bunches to prepare this traditional dish. Gongura pachadi recipe, a hot spicy and tangy chutney from andhra cuisine is made using red sorrel leaves. Apart from the pickle, other popular dishes are gongura pappu, gongura mamsam, gongura royalu, chicken curry and dry gongura chicken fry which are prepared with these red sorrel. You can have Gongura mamsam or lamb cooked with sorrel leaves using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gongura mamsam or lamb cooked with sorrel leaves
- You need 250 Grams of Lamb Mutton Boneless or.
- It’s 250 Grams of Lamb with bone / cartilege (seena) or chops.
- It’s 250 Grams of Marrow bones.
- You need 5 of Sorrel Bunchs leaves.
- Prepare 4 of Green chillies.
- You need 2.5 Teaspoons of Chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of mixed spices (garam masala).
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Coriander seeds powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of pepper Ground.
- Prepare To Taste of Salt.
- You need 1.5 Tablespoons of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Oil.
- You need 2 of Onions.
Gongura Mamsam Curry from Hyderabad's Rayalaseema Ruchulu restaurant. Both the green-stemmed and red-stemmed varieties are used in cooking. The red sorrel leaves are more sour than the green varietal and are widely planted as a summer crop—higher temperatures are believed to. Vahrehvah , tasty recipe by Sanjay Thumma,Know Gongura leaves helps to cool any inflammation and heat in the blood.
Gongura mamsam or lamb cooked with sorrel leaves instructions
- Clean meat and marinate with salt, chilli powder, ginger and garlic paste and turmeric powder..
- Pluck sorrel leaves and wash. In a pan, add oil, mixed spices, slit and cut green chillies, slices onions. Let the onions turn brown. Add chopped sorrel leaves. The leaves will cook in few minutes. Set aside..
- Pressure cook meat for 2 whistles and on simmer flame for 15 minutes. Let cool and add the meat to the sorrel leaves. Add coriander seeds powder and ground pepper. Let the leaves cook well along with the meat on slow flame until the water is evaporated..
- Gongura mamsam is ready to be served with steamed rice..
Fresh leaves of the gongura Other well known recipes made with Gongura as the main ingredient are Gongura Pappu (Lentils), Gongura mamsam. I have Gongura mamsam (Lamb) on my menu, which is quite a hit. Gongura leaves are available in my regular grocery store under the label "sorrel leaves". They are very sour and hence an automatic match with anything hot and spicy. They cook down quite a bit but the taste is quite sharp.