You can have Sorrel Jam using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sorrel Jam
- It’s 50 grams of Young sorrel leaves.
- Prepare 50 grams of Sugar.
Sorrel Jam step by step
- Pick the leaves off some sorrel that has been growing in the sun..
- Sorrel looks similar to another plant called Japanese dock, so keep that in mind. In this photo, the Japanese dock leaf is on the top, with the sorrel leaf below. (Japanese dock is edible as well.).
- Mince up the sorrel leaves. (This can be done roughly, and it's also possible to make the jam without chopping them at all.).
- Add the minced sorrel leaves to a saucepan with the sugar and a small amount of water and simmer it down..
- The resulting jam may look a little dangerous but it's fine! It has a delicious bittersweet flavor..