You can have Spinach Quiche using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Quiche
- Prepare of pie crust (store bought or homemade).
- You need of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of frozen chopped spinach, thawed.
- You need of large eggs.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of each salt and pepper.
- You need of nutmeg.
- You need of freshly shredded sharp cheddar.
- Prepare of freshly shredded white cheddar.
- Prepare of freshly shredded parmesan.
Spinach Quiche step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lay out the pie crust over a 9" pie dish. Tuck it into the bottom gently and use a sharp knife to trim any overhang, if necessary. Then crimp the edges and use a fork to poke some holes across the bottom. Then you'll want to pre-bake the crust. Grab a square of parchment paper and place it into the pie crust. Add either some pie weights or dried beans and bake for 8 minutes..
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over med-low heat. Once it's melted and hot, add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent. Then stir in the garlic and cook another minute or two, until fragrant. Then remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside to cool slightly. While waiting for that to cool, whisk together the eggs, milk and seasoning in a large bowl and set it aside..
- Place the thawed spinach into a colander and squeeze out as much water from it as you can. Once the crust is done pre-baking, remove it from the oven and remove the weights/dried beans. Spread the spinach out over the bottom of the warm crust, then spread the onion and garlic mixture over the spinach. Sprinkle all the cheeses over that. Then pour the egg mixture over the top of everything..
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. It's done when the top is golden brown and the center is no longer jiggly. Check on it at the 25 minute or so mark and place on a pie shield, if the crust is browning too quickly. Once its done, let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Store any leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days..