Spinach hand pies. These tasty vegetarian hand-held pies are perfect for an on-the-go meal or snack. Don't have any Mighty Spinach on hand? Cook the Mighty Spinach Mix in a skillet over moderate heat with ½.
This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, cheeses and herbs that are all enfolded by crispy, flaky phyllo dough. Fuel your night of trick-or-treating with these adorable spinach hand pies. Frozen pie dough is your new best friend. You can cook Spinach hand pies using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach hand pies
- It’s of baby spinach leaves ,tightly packed.
- It’s of onion , finely chopped.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- It’s of eggs, slightly beaten.
- Prepare of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare of parmesan cheese , grated.
- You need of nutmeg powder.
- You need of black pepper powder.
- Prepare of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare of olive oi.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of puff pastry sheets.
Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is fully wilted. Add lemon juice and season with salt as you go. Brush top of hand pie with butter and flakes of sea salt. Continue folding hand pies in same manner until filling is gone.
Spinach hand pies instructions
- In a skillet heat oil and saute the onions and garlic until soft. Turn heat off and let cool..
- In a medium size mixing bowl add all the remaining ingredients except the puff pastry sheets and eggs..
- Add the spinach once cooled and mix all the ingredients well. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly..
- On a lightly floured surface gently roll out one pastry sheet. Using a square or round cookie cutter, cut the pastry sheet..
- Brush each round / square with egg, place a little spinach and cheese mixture and fold over. Press the edges gently to seal the pie. Make slight indentations along the edge by pressing a fork along the sealed edges. Repeat the same process with the second sheet and all the the cut squares / rounds..
- Preheat oven at 200 degree centigrade. Line a baking tray with parchment paper..
- Brush egg on top off all the pies, place them on baking sheet and bake for 18 – 20 minutes until golden brown..
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Can be eaten warm or at room temperature..
- Makes 8 – 10 pies depending on the size of of the cutter..
Spanakopita or spinach pies are a mainstay in my kids' lunchboxes. Knowing that spinach is one vegetable they love and just adoring the idea of an easy-to-make hand-held meal, I set out to make. Set pumpkin hand pies on prepared baking sheet and brush with colored egg wash. These flaky hand pies filled with spinach and potatoes are a quick and savory meal. MORE+ LESS Hand pies are little-crimped pie dough rounds that are filled with either a sweet or savory filling.