Spinach Dutch Baby. Don't panic: Dutch baby pancakes naturally collapse as they cool. This savory spin tastes incredible fresh from the oven or at room temp. A Dutch baby is basically a gigantic pancake—what's not to like?
A dutch baby is a German pancake that is baked in a skillet. As it bakes, it puffs up and is ready for fruit. This is how Spinach Tiger works when it comes to foundational recipes. You can have Spinach Dutch Baby using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach Dutch Baby
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- It’s of chopped spinach.
- Prepare of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of tomatoes.
- You need of garlic minced.
- It’s of bacon cooked and crumbled.
- You need of basil leaves chopped.
Squeeze the spinach dry and coarsely chop it. Don't panic: Dutch baby pancakes naturally collapse as they cool. This savory spin tastes incredible fresh from the oven or at room temp. A Dutch baby pancake is similar to Yorkshire pudding but usually served as a sweet.
Spinach Dutch Baby step by step
- Place 2 Tbls olive oil in a large skillet in a cold oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees..
- In a bowl whisk together flour, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chopped spinach..
- Cut tomatoes into quarters and place in separate pan. Drizzle with olive oil and minced garlic..
- Remove skillet from oven. Add spinach batter. And return to oven. Along with pan of tomatoes. Bake for 20 minutes..
- Remove both pans from oven. Add cheddar cheese to Dutch baby and return to oven for 5 minutes or until puffed and golden..
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes..
- Top with roasted tomatoes, crumbled bacon and basil..
This version packs in protein and nutrients with ham, egg and spinach. A Dutch baby usually puffs up in the oven and then deflates as soon as you remove it for some For those of you that are comfortable ad libbing in the kitchen, you can swap out the spinach and onions. Simple Dutch baby pancake is a savory breakfast recipe that is baked in a cast iron skillet. This made from scratch vegetarian recipe is great for kids or adults who love cheese, spinach and green onions. Fill centre of Dutch baby with spinach, confit tomatoes, basil, and a sprinkle of nigella seeds.