Brad's creamed spinach. Creamed spinach is a simple side dish that is also the perfect way to use up any dying spinach. The creaminess will make you forget you're eating spinach and turn anyone into a fan of leafy greens. Creamy, rich Morton's Steakhouse Creamed Spinach Recipe that takes just a few minutes and is Some tips for creamed spinach: Yes you can use whole milk instead of half and half (go any less.
My friend Brad said, "it's sad, because you trick yourself into thinking it's healthy, because it's spinach, but the amount of cream and butter in creamed spinach probably outweighs the healthy parts of the. This is a recipe for a delicious and cheesy creamed spinach. It's easy and tastes much better than any store bought or frozen versions. You can cook Brad's creamed spinach using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's creamed spinach
- You need of LG bunch of spinach, chopped.
- Prepare of cream cheese.
- It’s of whole milk.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- It’s of white pepper and ground mustard.
- You need of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Fresh basil for garnish.
I made it for Thanksgiving and it was great! This crowd-pleasing recipe makes a delicious side dish for four people. This recipe for creamed spinach begins with a simple white sauce that gets bumped up a notch with finely diced onions and garlic. It's one of the best things you'll learn to make.
Brad's creamed spinach step by step
- Heat butter over medium low heat in a LG fry pan. Add garlic and spices. Saute for two minutes..
- Add milk and heat to just a simmer. Add spinach, cream cheese and parmesan. Stir constantly until melted and incorporated..
- Turn heat to low. Cook until sauce thickens. Stir often..
- Plate, garnish with parmesan and basil. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Like its brother-in-arms creamed corn, creamed spinach is a very smart hedonist's way to eat your Is Fresh or Frozen Spinach Better for Creamed Spinach? Classic Creamed Spinach is creamy, cheesy goodness. This is the best way to eat spinach. You'll never look at leafy greens the same! Creamed spinach doesn't just come from your favorite.